14000-Volt-Shock Leaves Electrician Starry eyed
"Starry Eyed" gained literal meaning when 14,000 volts zapped a 42 year old California electrician after a work related accident.
An Electrician ended up with stars in his eyes after being zapped by 14,000 volts during a serious accident at work. The 42 year-old man from California developed the eye disease cataracts after the high voltage current surged through his body. His shoulder touched a live wire and the current passed through his entire body - including the optic nerve, which connects the eye to the brain.
The effect was two bizarre star-shaped electrical burns in his eyes, according to The New England Journal of Medicine. Dr Bobby Korn, an associate professor of clinical ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego, treated the unnamed patient. Dr Korn told NBC News: "The extreme current and voltage that passed through this important natural wire caused damage to the optic nerve itself." Cataracts is clouding on the lens inside the eye which leads to limited vision and the most common cause of blindness. The electrician's story was published in the January issue of the journal. The accident happened 10 years ago and the patient still has poor vision in both of his eyes.
To read the full story at Mirror.co.uk click here
At Deep Electric we recommend always having a professional attempt Electrical repairs to your property. Safety is Always a key concern due to the nature of our job. Our field Technicians are not only efficient in project completion but in always maintaining awareness of the direct and related work surroundings. Let Deep Electric Inc. be your Electrical Contractor of choice for your Lighting and Electrical Service Repair needs. Remember, with Lighting and Electrical issues, we need you to “Stay connected."
Contact us today:
For more information or inquires: